Wednesday, June 4, 2008

An Introduction of a Sin City Native

This first blog is going to be an introduction of who I am and what this blog is all about. My name is D. Alan Thibedeau, and I am a student and poet in the Las Vegas Valley. I was born in S. Lake Tahoe, CA., but my parents moved here to Clark County when I was a few weeks old. So, being raised here in the Entertainment Capital of the World, I have a quite unique view on the nation and the world. My job title, for the moment, is security guard. I am usually posted in places where it's necissary to have the presence of some sort of athority figure, like various Albertsons around town. Occasionally, I have been posted on the Strip, and believe me, it can be very entertaining, creepy, and life threatening at the same time. My life, as of late, has been primarily about observing, learning, and testing theories. This blog is going to primarily be about those three aspects of my life. And, of course, there is a small supporting cast in this life, and a lot of extras. It would behove me to list the supporting cast here: Ford - He is my best friend, my accomplice, and my side kick. He is the Silent Bob to my Jay. He will be present in the vast majority -- if not all -- of my escipades. Seyle - This is the one who typically plays the annoying little brat who knows absolutely nothing of life. His entire life revolves around his computer and the plasma center he donates at. He is not going to be in a lot of these blogs, but he will be in enough to warrent this intro to his life. DD - She is a particular person I met at a particular random place. I love her, but I don't really know if I am actually in love with her. It's one of those strange, crazy love stories in which one only sees in a neo love story. Pops - he's my dad, of course, and I do life with him. Not still, again. It's a wierd situation, which will become clear in later posts. Brian - He's my brother, living with me as another roommate. His whole philosophy is like communism; it's good on paper, but it's crap in practice. Mike C. - He's yet another roommate in this house. He has a varied philosophy than Brian, but it's still pretty similar. Where Brian refuses to see the reality or the financial structure of this nation, Mike C. accepts it, and tries his damnedest to assimilate to a necessary degree. Britney - My niece and another occupant of this house. Bradley - My nephew and another occupant of this house. On a side note - Yes, it's a crowded house. New supported cast will be introduced at a later date. On that note, I have to do some random acts of stuff. I'll update this blog on Thursdays, Sundays, and Tuesdays. -[alpha]{BETA}[delta]

No comments: